Small business owners require an excellent website design to ensure their success and revenue flow. Webmasters can work to build or market more small business websites, which creates an engaging business website. Here are six easy tips for web design services for small business.
1. Fish out a good Domain Name
Your domain name, also known as your website address, is the entry point to your site. You need to ensure that it makes a good impression for usability and search engine optimization (SEO).
Here are a few tips for creating an optimized domain name:
Your domain name must be easy to spell. Do not use slang or highly esoteric words.
The domain name should be as short as possible, making it easy to remember and type.
Use an appropriate domain extension to make it a .com domain name (rather than .net, .co, and such things). Go for this until it seems more appropriate to use an extension like .gov, .edu, or .org.
Refrain from using numbers and hyphens that may not be easy to remember and look less elegant.
The address should be broad to help in future growth.
Search on USPTO.gov is the right place to search to ensure that it has no registered trademarks.
Always ensure buying for a reasonable price. Most good domain names are taken. You need to buy them from the current owner. You need an SEO-friendly URL that should include keywords and geo-location; for example, “www.NevadaPlumber.com.”
2. Go for Secure and scalable website Hosting using good Tech Support
A website host or a website hosting provider is a company offering technology and services which help to increase a website’s visibility on the internet. Connecting your domain name to your hosting provider ensures that users can see your website as they go for your website address where you store your hosting account.
The hosting price may vary as per the kind of technology and support you pick. Usually, you can get a discount on purchasing a yearly plan in place of a monthly plan.
How to choose a Good Website Hosting Plan
- Shared server: This is the lowest price hosting account, but it’s not good. It can lead to low performance and infection of your website.
- A “dedicated server” hosting plan is a high-cost option—with the cost ranging from $100 to $2,000 per month. However, it helps give an optimal website performance optimally. However, it is costly for most startups and small businesses.
- “virtual private server” (VPS): This hosting plan offers high performance and high security at nominal costs. It may cost from $20 to $50 per month, which is an affordable option for the hosting services you will receive.
- Your hosting company must have a phone number or chat support to render you quick help. They must give an easy-to-use server interface such as cPanel for server access. Also, check the server security must be in place on the server of your choice. You may also like to access your server with Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) with daily backups of your server contents.
Popular website hosting companies include:
3. Display your Business Description
Site visitors must understand who you are and what you do straightaway. It should reflect in your homepage banner (or the “hero image.” An apt introductory text blurb needs to be present on top of the page with your business description.
Give navigation menus in the footer for the “About Us” page link that is easily accessible. It helps people go to your pages and understand your business in detail.
4. Choose the best Content Management System
A sound content management system (CMS) is related to your software program or application, helpful in creating and managing top-quality digital content. A great CMS helps you maintain a top-class site. One doesn’t need a lot of technical knowledge to use the same. Choose a CMs which is made for your unique needs and various systems which get used for multiple reasons, including:
- And budget.
WordPress: WordPress is a highly popular CMS. It has a substantial active support community alongside several useful plugins for extending site functionality. When you can’t find the right plugin, it is best to hire a WordPress developer to help you with the same.
Drupal: Another popular system is Drupal which is a popular CMS. It offers benefits in the use of WordPress, such as:
And enjoys a large support community. Also, it is a relatively more secure CMS than WordPress. It is much safer in saving you from malicious activity. It would be less extensible if it did not have several plugins or theme options.
Joomla!: Joomla! Is a unique system with better SEO having security alongside sporting multilingual capabilities different from WordPress.But, using only a few plugins means that WordPress will go beyond Joomla! ‘s capabilities.
Squarespace: Squarespace is a service for monthly or annual subscriptions. It helps in website and blog creation with its straightforward “drag and drop” functionality allowing for creative website design and development. It also checks metrics for software maintenance. It comes with SSL security and 24/7 support alongside unlimited bandwidth or storage hosting with an all-in-one package.
5. Choose the best Ecommerce Platform
Plan to sell goods or services with your website. You will need the right technology to carry out the work. You should not try to sell anything but can consider working in e-commerce may enhance your profits. Allow your users to carry out financial transactions with you online. You need to choose the best platform for your business. Some of the prevalent small business e-commerce platforms:
WooCommerce: WooCommerce is an e-commerce platform to turn your WordPress website into an online store.
Shopify: Shopify is a cloud-based e-commerce platform helping to create and customise your online store.
Shopify Plus: Shopify Plus has a higher level of customization than Shopify. It offers you a higher level of support.
Business Squarespace: Squarespace is the e-commerce subscription option that lets you choose Squarespace for building your site and serving your simple e-commerce needs.
6. Form an Attractive, Memorable, and Engaging Website user Interface
Your small business website interface should give a positive impression on clients. Here are a few suggestions for the same.
- You also need to go for beautiful graphics with easy-to-read fonts.
- The graphics should not be compressed or optimised for quick loading for better speed, giving a great user experience.
- Check the competitor sites to find out about their design and optimization. Use similar components that work for a small business website.
- Find out about your target audience to understand their expectations.
- Your website design should convey your brand message.
- Go for an intuitive navigation system allowing users to go to pages they must access quickly.
- Contact information needs to be easily accessible.
- Go for the right call-to-action (like the “buy now” buttons).
Make sure you create all pages needed for standard small business websites, including:
- About us
- Management team
- Products/Services (with descriptions and appealing images).
- Sitemap (for SEO).
- Contact us.
- Get relevant pages that are specific to your small business.
Having a great website design is imperative to get great results from your website, not only in terms of revenue but also in branding. So, you need only the best web design services for a small business to work for the same.
Also, you need to have a mobile app for your business that is highly functional and lets customers reach out to you and shop from your website or shop. Passionate Marketing is not only a web design company but also a great mobile app design agency that can give you the maximum advantage for your business with digital marketing techniques.